Scrapbooking for the Beginner
Over the past 10 years, the scrapbooking supply world has exploded!! What started out as a simply embellished way to keep a photo memory book has morphed into another universe of items ranging from paper crafts to high tech metallic laser cut outs and 3 dimensional decorations. With all this downtime from living in quarantine, there’s no better time than today to get started on your scrapbooking project that you’ve been wanting to make.
Here Are the Top 5 Scrapbooking Supplies That Are Essential to Making a Beautiful Scrapbook.
1. A scrapbook album - There are a few different types of scrapbook albums. The two most popular kind are a post-bound scrapbook with top-loading pages, or a scrapbook bound with non-removable pages, without any sheet protectors. Depending on your style and preference, your scrapbook can be solid colored or themed and are available in a variety of sizes although the most
popular are 8.5” x 11” or 12” x 12”.
2. A photo/paper trimmer - A trimmer is a key tool for scrapbooking. It takes away the guesswork of a hand held scissor when trying to crop your photos. A trimmer streamlines the look of your photos and comes in several different sizes. Simple to use and accurately crops your pictures to fit on your pages. It’s also great for matting your photos for an extra pop on your scrapbook pages.
3. Glue/Adhesives - You’d be surprised how many different types of scrapbooking adhesives there are. Using the wrong glue can ruin your scrapbook. Scrapbooking glue must be acid/lignin free. There is liquid adhesive, spray adhesive, stick or paste, and dry adhesive like tabs, tape, and dots.
4. Scrapbooking paper - This is where the fun begins! Choosing paper for your pages reflects your style and the personality of your scrapbook. Will your book be classic with solid colored pages or are you into metallic/glitter papers to really BLING out your pictures? Scrapbooking papers can be themed such as sports, vacations, family, etc. and you can even create your own backgrounds with stamps, paints, and various inks. Or for quicker pages, there are several page kits are market. The possibilities are endless!!
5. Embellishments - Once your pictures are adhered to your scrapbook page, it’s time to add those finishing touches!! Diecuts, stickers, ribbon, glitter, tiny decorations like flowers, buttons, anything that makes your page come to life. Go minimal, or GO BIG!! It’s your scrapbook!! Keep it simple or adorn your pages with embellishments of all shapes and sizes!! Embellishments can be found for ANY THEME or idea that you envision for your scrapbook!!